West Boylston Municipal Light Plant
The Electric Light Dept for West Boylston, MA
For over a century, West Boylston Municipal Light Plant (WBMLP) has provided citizens and businesses of West Boylston, MA with dependable electric power. WBMLP is a "municipal light plant". And that gives our town lots of benefits that municipalities who get power from the big companies, don't get.
- Better dependability, reliability and overall economy.
- Local ownership. Owned by the citizens of West Boylston.
- Negotiating power. We negotiate and buy longterm power supplies from a diverse, balanced range of resources. That means customers get better electric rates.
- Quicker. If the power goes out, WBMLP's crews are right here in town, and can reach and repair problems in minutes, instead of hours.
Make Your Online Payment Here 🔒
THINK "ELECTRIFICATION" & SAVE MONEY
Switching from the fossil fuels used to heat and cool our buildings and power our vehicles is called "electrification". Because West Boylston’s Energy Supply is already mostly clean and our electricity rates are so low—electrification will lower greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and reduce your operating costs.
WBMLP is planning to eliminate all GHG emissions from our power supply by 2050. You should prepare too. Review the tips on our Electrification Infographic when replacing or upgrading major appliances and vehicles beginning now. Be ready for the future.
Learn more by by visiting our two new website pages: Electrification in West Boylston and Electriification in Massachusetts. Remember, on a cost-per-BTU basis, WBMLP electric power is less expensive to operate than natural gas, oil and propane!
MMWEC TO HOLD COMMUNITY MEETING AND INPUT SESSION
(June 15, 2021) The Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) and the project participants have announced plans for a community meeting to share information with the public on Project 2015A and solicit feedback.
When: Tuesday, June 22nd, 6:30PM
Where: The Peter A. Torigian Senior Center, 75R Central Street, Peabody, MA
Read the complete announcement.
FOLLOW US FOR UPDATES
NOW SOLICITING PROPOSALS FOR DESIGN SERVICES
(January 2021) WBMLP is soliciting Proposals for Design Services to design a new office and garage. Learn more and obtain all the documents here.
WBMLP SOURCES OF ENERGY INFOGRAPHIC
PUBLIC POWER ADVANTAGES VIDEO
See all the advantages having local power gives you, your family and businesses.
NEW — ONLINE ELECTRICAL SERVICE APPLICATION FORM FOR NEW CONSTRUCTION & SERVICE UPGRADES!
Visit our new Apply For Service Page. See how to apply for a WBMLP account for your type of service. New Construction and Service Upgrades can now apply online! Questions? Give us a call at (508) 835-3681.
WBMLP CLEAN ENERGY & OUR ENVIRONMENT
Concerned WBMLP Customers ASK US:
"Where does my electricity come from?" “Is it low impact and easy on our environment?" “Is our energy clean or renewable?”
WBMLP ANSWERS (updated January 2021):
"WBMLP's Energy Supply already contains a substantial amount of power from existing Clean and Renewable Sources of Generation."
- 50% of West Boylston's Energy Supply emitted ZERO Greenhouse Gases in 2020.
- 57% Reduction in GHG Emissions by the entire MA energy sector from 1990 to 2018.
- 0% Coal Generation in Massachusetts after 2017. Massachusetts eliminated its dirtiest GHG-emitting generation.
REBATES & INCENTIVES FOR CUSTOMERS—INCLUDING EVs
Explore many other Discounts and Rebates:
- Free HELPS Energy Audits, Appliance Rebates & Incentives
- Connected Homes Program—for Better Residential Energy Management, Conservation & Savings
- Electric Vehicle (EV) & Vehicle Charger Rebate Programs
- NEW! Heat Pump Water Heater Rebates
- Residential Solar Rebates
Rebates provided as a credit on your monthly WBMLP electric bill.LEARN MORE
We're here to help! Here are answers to questions we hear most often.
Click below for answers.
- How to Pay Your Bill
- Contact our office
- Electric Rates
- Applying for Service
- What to do in an Outage
- Streetlight Requests
Get more answers to your questions, plus important facts here...SEE MORE FREQUENTLY-ASKED QUESTIONS
WATCH WBMLP'S PUBLIC POWER VIDEO
Learn more about Public Power and what WBMLP does for you.
☀ If The Sun's Up, We're Making Power Here in West Boylston! ☀
See how much Solar Energy is generated by West Boylston’s 370kW Solar Site Project located at 225 Shrewsbury Street.CLICK TO VIEW
See how much Solar Energy is generated by West Boylston’s 1,500kW Community Solar Site Project located at 196 Temple Street.CLICK TO VIEW
Coming soon. Solar Energy Output Readings from West Boylston’s 786kW Community Rooftop Solar Project.COMING SOON