West Boylston Municipal Light Plant
The Electric Light Dept for West Boylston, MA
For over a century, West Boylston Municipal Light Plant (WBMLP) has provided citizens and businesses of West Boylston, MA with dependable electric power. WBMLP is a "municipal light plant". And that gives our town lots of benefits that municipalities who get power from the big companies, don't get.
- Better dependability, reliability and overall economy.
- Local ownership. Owned by the citizens of West Boylston.
- Negotiating power. We negotiate and buy longterm power supplies from a diverse, balanced range of resources. That means customers get better electric rates.
- Quicker. If the power goes out, WBMLP's crews are right here in town, and can reach and repair problems in minutes, instead of hours.
Make Your Online Payment Here 🔒
IMPORTANT COVID-19 RESPONSE & SAFETY ANNOUNCEMENT | UPDATED 5/20/20
Due to the declaration of a Massachusetts State of Emergency and Governor's Orders to assist in the containment and response to Coronavirus COVID-19, the West Boylston Municipal Light Plant has implemented and is recommending the following safety measures, including:
- 1. The WBMLP office is closed to public access until further notice
- 2. Payments. Please consider making electronic payments versus mailing or dropping off your payments. We have a drop-box in parking lot and a payment slot in front door.
DOWNLOAD AN ELECTRICAL SERVICE APPLICATION FORM FOR NEW CONSTRUCTION & SERVICE UPGRADES
Download WBMLP's Electric Service Application Form PDF here and fill it out at home before getting it to us. Questions? Give us a call at (508) 835-3681.
INTRODUCING "CONNECTED HOMES"!
Learn more about our NEW PROGRAM for Better Residential Energy Management, Conservation & Savings.
REBATES & INCENTIVES FOR WBMLP CUSTOMERS
- Free HELPS Energy Audits, Rebates & Incentives
- Electric Vehicle (EV) & Vehicle Charger Rebate Programs
- NEW! Heat Pump Water Heater Rebates
- Residential Solar Rebates
Rebates provided as a credit on your monthly WBMLP electric bill.
'FOLLOW US' FOR UPDATES
JOIN OUR SOLAR WAITLIST
The Community Shared Solar Project is fully subscribed. But, you can sign up for our Wait List.
FOR OUR ENVIRONMENT
Concerned WBMLP Customers ASK US:
"Where does my electricity come from?" “Is it low impact and easy on our environment?" “Is our energy clean or renewable?”
"WBMLP's Energy Supply already contains a substantial amount of power from existing Clean and Renewable Sources of Generation."
- 53% of your West Boylston Energy Supply emitted ZERO Greenhouse Gases in 2019.
- 52% Reduction in GHG Emissions in the entire MA electric sector from 1990 to 2017.
- 0% Coal Generation in Massachusetts after 2017. Massachusetts eliminated its dirtiest GHG-emitting generation.
- 0.1% Oil Generation in New England in 2019. Massachusetts and New England are reducing the second-dirtiest GHG-emitting generation.
We're here to help! Here are answers to questions we get most often.
Click below for your answers.
- How to Pay Your Bill
- Contact our office
- Electric Rates
- Applying for Service
- What to do in an Outage
- Streetlight Requests
Get more answers to your Questions, plus Important Facts here...SEE MORE FREQUENTLY-ASKED QUESTIONS
VIEW THE WBMLP PUBLIC POWER VIDEO!
Learn more about Public Power and what we do for you.
DIGGING, SAFETY & THE LAW
Planning home improvements? Planting a tree? Installing a fence or deck? Whether you do it yourself or hire a pro, start with a call to Dig Safe® at 811.
Dig Safe® notifies us of your plans to dig. WBMLP then marks the location of any underground utilities.
MA State law requires you to notify Dig Safe® for even small projects like installing mailboxes or planting shrubs. Call 811 to avoid utility service disruption to an entire neighborhood, injuries, (as well as fines and repair costs).LEARN MORE ABOUT DIGSAFE
☀ If The Sun's Up, We're Making Power Here in West Boylston! ☀
See how much Solar Energy is generated by West Boylston’s 370kW Solar Site Project located at 225 Shrewsbury Street.CLICK TO VIEW
See how much Solar Energy is generated by West Boylston’s 1,500kW Community Solar Site Project located at 196 Temple Street.CLICK TO VIEW
Coming soon. Solar Energy Output Readings from West Boylston’s 786kW Community Rooftop Solar Project.COMING SOON