West Boylston Municipal Light Plant
The Electric Light Dept for West Boylston, MA
For over a century, West Boylston Municipal Light Plant (WBMLP) has provided citizens and businesses of West Boylston, MA with dependable electric power. WBMLP is a "municipal light plant". And that gives our town lots of benefits that municipalities who get power from the big companies, don't get.
- Better dependability, reliability and overall economy.
- Local ownership. Owned by the citizens of West Boylston.
- Negotiating power. We negotiate and buy longterm power supplies from a diverse, balanced range of resources. That means customers get better electric rates.
- Quicker. If the power goes out, WBMLP's crews are right here in town, and can reach and repair problems in minutes, instead of hours.
Make Your Online Payment Here 🔒
2020 HELPS HOME ENERGY REBATES & INCENTIVES
Save money with WBMLP's Rebates & Incentives here. Rebates are provided as a credit on your monthly WBMLP electric bill.
ANNOUNCING RESIDENTIAL SOLAR REBATES!
New Program! Check out details and savings.
ELECTRIC VEHICLE (EV) INCENTIVES & REBATES
Get updated Incentive & Discount Information on Electric Vehicles & Chargers. Limited time EV Savings up to $18,375!
SEE THE WBMLP PUBLIC POWER VIDEO!
Learn about Public Power and what we do for you.
'FOLLOW US' FOR UPDATES
JOIN OUR SOLAR WAITLIST
The Community Shared Solar Project is fully subscribed. But, you can sign up for our Wait List here.READ MORE NEWS HERE
FOR OUR ENVIRONMENT
Concerned WBMLP Customers ASK US:
"Where does my electricity come from?" “Is it low impact and easy on our environment?" “Is our energy clean or renewable?”
"WBMLP's Energy Supply already contains a substantial amount of power from existing Clean and Renewable Sources of Generation."
- 50% of your Energy Supply emitted ZERO Greenhouse Gases in 2017!
- 48% Reduction in GHG Emissions in the entire MA electric sector from 1990 to 2014.
- 0% Coal Generation left in MA after 2017. MA eliminated the dirtiest GHG-emitting generation!
- 1% Oil Generation in New England in 2017. MA is reducing the second-dirtiest GHG-emitting generation.
We're here to help! Here are answers to questions we get most often.
Click below for your answers.
- How to Pay Your Bill
- Contact our office
- Electric Rates
- Applying for Service
- What to do in an Outage
- Streetlight Requests
Get more answers to your Questions, plus Important Facts here...SEE MORE FREQUENTLY-ASKED QUESTIONS
DIGGING, SAFETY & THE LAW
Planning home improvements? Planting a tree? Installing a fence or deck? Whether you do it yourself or hire a pro, start with a call to Dig Safe® at 811.
Dig Safe® notifies us of your plans to dig. WBMLP then marks the location of any underground utilities.
MA State law requires you to notify Dig Safe® for even small projects like installing mailboxes or planting shrubs. Call 811 to avoid utility service disruption to an entire neighborhood, injuries, (as well as fines and repair costs).LEARN MORE ABOUT DIGSAFE
☀ If The Sun's Up, We're Making Power Here in West Boylston! ☀
See how much Solar Electric Power is being generated by West Boylston Community Solar Cooperative.CLICK TO VIEW
See how much Solar Electric Power is being generated by the West Boylston Landfill Solar Project.CLICK TO VIEW
Coming soon. Solar Electric Power Output Readings from the West Boylston Community Rooftop Solar Project.COMING SOON